2. BUILDING CODE & OCCUPANCY
Carroll County Building Regulations Chapter 360. Carroll County, IL ordinance requiring building permits.
Notice of Illinois Residential Building Code. Carroll County, IL disclaimer of non-building code jurisdiction with regards to State Law 815 ILCS 670 "Illinois Residential Building Code Act.
Notice of Illinois Commercial/Business Building Code Carroll County, IL disclaimer of non-building code jurisdiction as it relates to State Law 20 ILCS 3105 / 10.09-1. Commercial construction and public buildings occupancy certification of inspection.
BUILDING OCCUPANCY. Occupancy certificates are required by state law for commercial, business or other public buildings. There is no occupancy requirement for residential structures at this time. Upon the completion of a commercial construction project, an OCCUPANCY CERTIFICATION & BUILDING INSPECTION FORM will need to be submitted showing that the proper state requirements and inspections have been met. To successfully obtain building occupancy you must work with a qualified inspector during all stages of the construction project, including per-construction.
For more information please call or email to ask for a list of inspectors in our area.Attached is a link to the State of Illinois Capital Development Board, which may be helpful in answering questions concerning State of IL Building Codes and Regulations.
Fees for permits shall be as follows:
(1) $10.00 for pools, patios, portable buildings and construction less than 200 sq. ft.
(2) $20.00 for additions and new construction with a square footage between 200 sq. ft. and 400 sq. ft. personal roof mounted solar arrays.
(3) $50.00 for additions and new construction with a square footage between 401 sq. ft. and 1000 sq. ft. personal ground mounted solar arrays, personal wind towers, agricultural grain storage bins (any size).
(4) $100 for additions and new construction between 1001 sq. ft. and 2500 sq. ft.
(5) $150.00 for additions and new construction between 2501 sq. ft. and 4000 sq. ft.
(6) $200.00 for additions and new construction greater than 4001 sq. ft.
(7) Communications and other towers and related facilities:
$25.00 per foot of tower height for a new tower or related structure.
• $1,200.00 for co-location of additional equipment with an existing tower or related structure or replacement of a major component of an existing commercial tower.
(8) $75.00 Land Evaluation Site Assessment (LESA) Report.
(9) $400.00 for a request requiring a public hearing by the Zoning Board of Appeals (ie. Variance, Special Use, Amendment)
(10) $800.00 per hearing night for a request for a Special Use Permit for a Wind Energy Generating Facility.
(11) $75.00 for a 10% Variation or non-conforming structure per section 700-20.01(a)(4)(A).
(12) $100 for a Temporary Use Permit. See Section 700-22-.01. i.e. Circuses, festivals, etc.
(13) $4000.00 per megawatt power output rating associated with Commercial Solar Facility. Total fee rounded to the nearest tenth decimal point. Associated substation or other supporting facilities shall pay a fee of $200 per structure.
(14) $7000 per megawatt power output rating per wind tower turbine associated with a Wind Energy Conversion System. Total fee rounded to the nearest tenth decimal point. No fees or permits required for temporary “Meteorological Towers.” Associated substation or other supporting facilities shall pay a fee of $200 per structure.